Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Home. And in one piece!


I finally made it home at 6 am today. I feel like I have been gone a month.

Once I discovered this surprise blog and finished wiping the tears from my eyes I dreamed of posting daily updates with photos and video to keep you posted. Well that didn't quite work out. For starters in Colorado AT&T is about as useless as a retarded rock. So direct uploads from the iphone were not an option, besides that there was no time as I was busy every minute of every day trying to get the most out of my old motorcycle.

The XR makes a good urban hooligan machine but once I started pushing it hard against the modern bikes in a race environment its shortcomings began to glare. With only a few days to attempt to minimize the issues and a 2:30 wake up call every day. I was a little haggard at the beginning middle and end of each day. My stated goals from the beginning was simply to make it to the top and to not be last. I wasn't event sure if I would make the 15% cut off. I made it!

It was only with everyone's help and support that I did as well as I did. The reports from Jen that money was coming in helped lift some of the stress from the financial hole I was digging, allowing me to concentrate on being apart of this piece of history that is slipping away a little more every year. Next year wasn't going to cut it. They are going to try and pave another 12,000 ft by race time next summer. By 2011 it may all be paved bringing an end to an era.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for helping me make this dream come true.

You can find photos and more detailed accounts of my adventures at my photobucket site. These are from my iphone as more photos and video come in I will update the album.

http://photobucket.com/pikespeak2009

Here is the link to Jason's photobucket.

http://s683.photobucket.com/albums/vv198/aaa-111/Pikes%20Peak%202009/

Thanks again,
Brianne Corn

No comments:

Post a Comment